Year 12 Coordinator: Ashley Weier
Welcome back Year 12 students and parents and guardians to what will hopefully be the most rewarding year of your and your students’ school life. We have already seen excellent community spirit exhibited by our Year 12 elected leaders but each and every Year 12 student is a leader of students at ISHS.
It is important to start the school year, as well as each school day, on the right foot. It is essential that students attend Connect and Assembly in order to be an active participant of our Year 12 community and to stay informed via student notices. More than ever before students have the ability to remain up-to-date with events at school and tasks required of them through internet applications such as ‘Daily Notices’ and ‘eDiary’ (replacing the Student Organiser in 2019), both of which are accessible through the Student Portal.
Please encourage your student to be punctual: each student should aim to be at school each day by 8:30am at the latest. Year 12 Level Assemblies are held every Tuesday morning in the PDT commencing by 8:45am; Connect classes will take place in the relevant rooms on all other mornings commencing at 8:50am.
Some important dates for the Year 12s in 2019 are:
- Swimming Carnival – February 15
- Senior Jersey – ordered and paid for by Friday, March 1
- School Photographs – March 5
- UN Day – April 4
- Cross Country Carnival – April 5 (by nomination only for Seniors)
- Athletics Carnival – April 26
- Qld Core Skills Practice Tests – May 20 and 21
- Academic Conferences – June 27
- Qld Core Skills Test – September 3 and 4
- Safe Drive Training Day – September 18
- Senior Formal – September 19
- Sports Awards Evening – October 10/15
- Awards Evening – October 29
- Year 12 Farewell Assembly – October 30
- Year 12 End of Year Trip – November 13
- Graduation Ceremony – November 14 (Evening)
- Graduation Breakfast and last day – November 15
(Please note that some dates may be subject to change and will be advised through the school newsletter and other forms of communication)
Each student has been emailed a Senior Handbook for 2019 which contains comprehensive information about the year ahead. Please take the time to read through this with your student; in addition, the final page of this handbook is the Senior Agreement that each student must sign as well as a parent or guardian and hand to their Connect teacher by Monday 4 February.
I look forward to sharing in the moments and celebrations of this year, your final year of high school. Please feel free to contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) regarding any information you may require or questions you might have throughout the year.
Year 12 Coordinator