Welcome back Year 12 students and parents/carers to what will hopefully be the most rewarding year of your and your students’ school life. We have already seen excellent community spirit exhibited by our Year 12 elected leaders but each and every Year 12 student is a leader of students at ISHS.
It is essential that students attend Connect and Assembly in order to be an active participant of our Year 12 community and to stay informed via student notices. Parents/carers, please encourage your student to be punctual: each student should aim to be at school each day by 8:30am at the latest. Year 12 Level Assemblies are held every Tuesday morning in the Hall commencing at 8:45am; Connect classes will take place in the relevant rooms on all other mornings commencing at 8:50am.
Some important dates for the Year 12s in 2017 are:
· Swimming Carnival – February 6
· School Photographs – February 24
· Senior jersey – ordered and paid for by Friday, March 3
· UN Day – March 30
· Qld Core Skills Practice Tests – May 16 and May 17
· Athletics Carnival – June 23
· Qld Core Skills Test – August 29 and 30
· Safe Drive Training Day – September 12
· Senior Formal – September 14
· Sports Awards Evening – October 10
· Awards Evening – October 24
· Graduation Ceremony – November 16 (evening)
· Graduation Breakfast and last day – November 17
I look forward to a challenging and enjoyable year. Please feel free to contact me regarding any information you may require or questions you might have throughout the year. Each student has been emailed a Senior Handbook for 2017 which contains comprehensive information about the year ahead. Please take the time to read through this with your student; in addition, the final page of this handbook is the Senior Agreement that each student must sign as well as a parent/guardian and return to the main Administration office by Tuesday, January 31.
Please feel free to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org regarding any information you may require or questions you might have throughout the year.
All relevant camps and excursion permission forms can be found by selecting this link or alternatively looking on the school calendar. For further information regarding specific year level curriculum information select this link.