All student absences must be explained. If students in Years 11 and 12 are absent on the day of assessment a medical certificate is required. Use the form builder below to commence this process or alternatively you can contact Student Services to find out more information.
All extended leave requests must be submitted in writing to Student Services for approval by the Principal. An exemption from compulsory schooling or the compulsory participation phase is available when a child or a young person cannot attend or it would be unreasonable in all the circumstances for them to attend school or participate in an eligible option for a period of 11 or more consecutive school days. The application for exemption is to be submitted to Student Services for pending approval from the Principal. For all other absences use the form builder below.
Circumstances for exemption from compulsory schooling
Circumstances where an exemption from schooling for a child or young person may be appropriate include (but are not limited to):
- diagnosis of terminal medical condition
- illness or hospitalisation for a prolonged period of time
- ‘carer’ responsibilities
- mental health condition.
Circumstances where an exemption from schooling for a child or young person may not be appropriate include (but are not limited to):
- reluctance to attend school
- response to incidents at school such as bullying
- employment (for compulsory school aged child) or desire to seek employment
- difficulty with school curriculum
- desire to become an apprentice or trainee but without an established training contract with an employer.