Year Coordinators assist with the welfare of all students within their year cohort. They work with the Connect Teachers to ensure that school is a safe, pleasant and positive experience for the students in that year level. The role of the Year Coordinator is to:
- Develop positive morale, and foster and maintain genuine pastoral care within their respective year level.
- Assist in the development and implementation of whole school pastoral care activities.
- Communicate with parents and maintain contact with parents about student progress, as appropriate.
- Conduct weekly year level assemblies to disseminate important year level information to students.
- Monitor attendance patterns of students and liaise with the relevant year level Deputy Principal on matters of truancy and prolonged absences.
- Lead the organisation of camps, formals and any other relevant year events.
- Communicate to staff any information that may be relevant for the teaching of particular students
- Foster positive relationships between students and staff.
The school also assigns each student to a House (Evans, Kendall, Lawson, Paterson) and, within these, multi-aged Care Groups. These Care Groups meet for key activities during the school year to ensure student to student mentoring is an element of our pastoral program. We believe that this system of pastoral care is a supportive one and in keeping with our statement of values and beliefs as a school community.
A warm welcome to Year 7 students and parents/guardians to what I am certain will be an exciting and rewarding year for our Year 7 cohort here at Indro. If you have any enquiries, please feel free to contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org or 3327 8382.
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome the students back to school and to also welcome any new students and their families to Indooroopilly State High School. If there are any issues or concerns please make sure that they or you raise them with a member of staff. I look forward to helping Year 8 students throughout the year and welcome the opportunity to talk with parents about any concerns or issues. I can be contacted on 3327 8382 or email@example.com.
At Indooroopilly State High School, Year 9 is the first year where students get to choose specialist subjects and this is the time when students begin to focus their interests and discover new learning opportunities. Allowing students to explore subjects often brings many rewards during their adolescent development. I can be contacted on 3327 8338 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A very warm welcome is extended to our Year 10 students for 2016 – a very important year for the cohort. I hope that both new and returning students had a restful break and that they are prepared to embark on the significant first phase of their Senior Secondary journey. I invite parents and guardians to contact me with any queries at email@example.com
My role as Year 11 Coordinator is to work with the cohort, students and parents/guardians and staff to ensure that Year 11 students have the best possible experience at Indro this year and embed some great habits to succeed in Year 12. Should you have any concerns please feel free to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone via 3327 8343.
Welcome back Year 12 students and parents/guardians to what will hopefully be the most rewarding year of your and your student’s school life. I look forward to a challenging and enjoyable year. Please feel free to contact me on email@example.com regarding any information you may require or questions you might have throughout the year.