At Indooroopilly State High School we take a holistic approach to your child’s education. Through our student welfare program, we aim to help students develop:
- a sense of enjoyment and satisfaction from learning; an ability to communicate effectively;
- a coherent set of values to guide behaviour;
- a sense of personal and social responsibility for their actions and decisions; a sense of personal dignity and worth;
- self-reliance; a sense of cultural identity;
- a feeling of belonging to the wider community; a caring attitude towards others; and an ability to form satisfying and stable relationships.
The Student Services team offers careers and welfare support by way of our Guidance Officer, School-based Youth Health Nurse, Chaplain and front of desk staff who are also our first aid providers. The Integrated Student Support team provide invaluable one-on-one and in-class support to many of our students.
Being the proud home to a great number of students from overseas, our multi-lingual International Student section is central support for our International Students as they adjust to life in a new country. Indooroopilly also offers an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education Worker to assist our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
Our community of forward thinkers acknowledges that students’ needs often extend outside the classroom and the Student Services team strives to provide this support network for all of our students, staff and families.